Monday, May 14, 2007

Adorable newborns, unite!

My new niece, Mae, throwing up an oh-so-cute fist of solidarity.

Although her knowledge of guerrilla warfare may not be up to snuff, I think many a revolutionary insurgent could learn a lot from her. For example- the cuddly light-yellow knit sweater that she is wearing. You're not going to win any friends wearing a red-starred beret with an AK-47 slung over your shoulder. And what about those rosey cheeks?!? If you want freedom for your people, you're going to have to lose the ski mask and the weeks-worth of scratchy stubble beneath it.

We shall... We shall... We shall overcome drool...

2 comments:

Emily said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful! Try not to mess her up too much...

Dave said...

Emily- I'm offended that you'd suggest I'd be a corrupting influence on such innocent child. She's way too young for the Klingon Rite of Passage into Warriorhood, but when the time comes where I need a cha'Dich to stand with me during a ceremonial challenge or trial, little Mae will old enough to have the full cognitive and sensory ability to handle a Batlif like a baby rattle.