Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I shall not fear. Fear is the mind killer.

Given a childhood of being indoctrinated in the Catholic faith, it is difficult for my secular and rational adult self to shake the notion that there is a supernatural embodiment of evil known as Satan. Late at night lying in my bed in the dark, the unsettling side of imagination occasionally creeps into my thoughts and hinders my ability to peacefully fall asleep.

To neutralize such irrational thoughts, I introduce an element of absurdity to disarm the imagined danger. My reigning champion of imaginary demon-slaying and scourge to fictitious minions of the devil?


Kittens. Swarms upon swarms of kittens. When summoned, they latch onto and engulf the unspeakable horror until it disappears in a malevolent storm of squeaky meows and fluff. All the +3 blades of Morgul or enchanted Goblin helms of Intimidation in the world cannot stop this steamroller of cuteness.

A recent image posted on a defense industry blog has further bolstered my faith in salvation by kitten:


Violence only begets more violence, thus the rifle only shoots tightly packed kittens that inflate to full size after exiting the barrel. Kittens. With sniper rifles. Adorably genius.


No comments: